|Platform||SteamVR, Oculus Rift (Platform)|
|Device||HTC Vive, Oculus Rift|
|Genre||Simulation, VR, Trains, Relaxing, On-Rails Shooter|
|Input Device||Tracked Motion Controllers|
|Play Area||Seated, Standing, Room-Scale|
|Game Mode||Single Player|
|Review||6 user reviews|
|Release Date||Feb 28, 2017|
Are you a kid that wants to play with model trains?
Are you an adult that misses playing with your model trains as a kid?
Are you an adult that missed out on playing with model trains as a kid?
Are you an adult with a kid that wants to play with model trains?
Are you just an adult that wants to play with model trains?
Are you a person of any age/race/gender that wants to play with model trains?
If you answered yes to any of the above, do I have news for you because Locomancer lets you PLAY WITH AND RIDE MODEL TRAINS! (Also if you answered no to all of the above, come on, we all know you're lying to yourself and everyone you love. Take a break from the wave shooters and play with some trains.)
Locomancer is a toy box style model train simulator for touch enabled SteamVR headsets. It allows you to build layouts of varying complexity and even defy what is physically possible in fake virtual reality (reality).
- Multiple locomotives including steam and diesel engines
- A variety of rail cars including a fully functional cannon car
- Straight track, curved track, inclined track, loop de loops, and more!
- Various pieces of scenery to add detail your layouts
Plus, with support for custom scenery, you can bring models created by yourself or the community into the game for even further customization (Steam Workshop support coming soon). The possibilities are nearly endless*!
Fully embracing the physicality of touch enabled virtual reality you are legally required to build layouts piece by piece, tree by tree. Then, once complete you must remotely operate your trains with a replica DC control panel or hop in the cab of any of the available locomotives and drive them with physical levers, knobs, and dials! They even burst in to flames when they crash, you can't say that about your real model trains can you?
Oh...you can? I'd get that checked out if I were you.
So what are you waiting for? Become The Locomancer!
Yes, you are the Locomancer. Was that not clear? It's like a train wizard. You're like the babe with the power, but instead of voodoo it's train magic. Also, there's no magic dance, but you can still dance to twenty-six minutes of sweet big band jazz by Nathan Boler if you want to.
- The possibilities are totally endful, but there's still a lot you can do.
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Processor: Intel® i5-4590, AMD FX 8350 equivalent or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970, AMD Radeon™ R9 290 equivalent or better, Video Output: HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2 or newer
- Storage: 500 MB available space