|Subtype||Virtual Reality Camera|
|Camera||16 GoPro HERO4, 16 other cameras|
Google has teamed up with GoPro to create the first version of the Jump camera called Odyssey. It features a ring-shaped array with 16 GoPro HERO4 cameras lining the rim. It uses software to stitch together the footage from various cameras to create the stereoscopic and panoramic videos.
- Stereoscopic 3D in every direction.
- Seamless panoramic video without boarders.
- Resolution is equivalent of 5 Ultra HD (4K) TVs playing at once.
- Integration with YouTube.
Odyssey, first Jump camera created by GoPro, consist of 16 GoPro HERO4 cameras arranged facing outward in a ring.
- Frame level synchronization of all 16 cameras.
- An assembler that stitches multiple video feeds to create seamless 3D world.
- Storage architecture to record video locally then transfer it to the cloud.
- Highly parallel hardware pipelines to process and reduce the data to a manageable rate.
May 28, 2015 Announced in Google I/O 2015.